While the world and our nation are in a better position today than earlier in the pandemic, COVID-19 remains a challenge, and health guidance and resources continue to adapt and update. As vaccination, boosters and treatments allow us to protect our University community better, St. John’s, its employees, and students can once again operate without disruption to our daily lives. To ensure our employees have the support and guidance they need to navigate COVID-19 related issues, Human Resources has consolidated information to this website.
The HR Policy Manual also includes a COVID19 policy series with information on vaccinations and paid leave time.
In accordance with current CDC guidance, the Office of Human Resources has ended contact tracing for employees. Regardless of your vaccination status, know what to do:
1. Complete the St. John's University Notification Form.
2. Do not come to campus! Isolate yourself even if you do not have COVID-like symptoms and notify your manager. Based on CDC and NYS guidelines, individuals who test positive for COVID-19 need to isolate for 5 days, where day 0 is the day your symptoms started, or if you have no symptoms, the day you took the test that got a positive result.
3. Upload a copy of your COVID-19 positive test result to Medicat.
4. Notify close contacts of your positive test result.
5. You must complete at least 5 full days of isolation. If you have moderate illness (e.g., experiencing shortness of breath or difficulty breathing), severe illness (e.g., hospitalization), or you have a weakened immune system, isolate through day 10. Keep your manager apprised as to when you will be back to work. You do not need to produce a negative test result to return to campus.
6. Wear a well-fitting mask at all times (indoors and outside) around other people through day 10. We recommend wearing a tight-fitting mask such as a N95 or KN95 mask. As an alternative, you can wear a surgical mask under a cloth mask or double mask ensuring that there are no gaps.
7. After you have ended isolation, if your COVID-19 symptoms recur or worsen, restart your isolation on day 0. Talk to a healthcare provider about when to end isolation.
3/02 University Mask Guidance Update Effective March 7, 2022
1/19 Get Your Vaccine Booster on Campus
1/18 Welcome to the Spring 2022 Semester
1/13 Booster Requirement Guidance
1/03 COVID-19 Updates and Booster Requirement
12/21 COVID-19 Update
10/12 Updated Mask Guidance for Vaccinated Faculty
9/03 Airborne Infectious Disease Exposure Prevention Plan
8/30 COVID-19 Guidance for Managers
8/24 Updated Vaccine and Masking Protocols
7/19 Vaccine Requirements for Employees
5/26 Updated Mask Guidance - Summer 2021
5/19 Updated COVID-19 Guidance
5/12 Family Members 12 and Older Eligible for On-Campus COVID-19 Vaccine
4/30 Family Members of Employees Eligible for On-Campus COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
4/28 Additional Paid Leave Time for Covid-19 Vaccination
4/21 COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Fall 2021
2/8 HR Updates and Reminders1/26 Returning to Campus for Spring Semester1/13 A Message from the Return to Campus Task Force
11/17 December and January Work Arrangements
9/30 Academic Calendar Changes – Spring, 2021
9/14 Fall Reopening Update
9/11 Returning to Work amidst COVID-19 Employee Training Webinar and Resources
8/27 Entering and Exiting Queens Campus
8/20 Gatherings and Events
8/13 St. John’s Launches “Return to Campus” Website
8/5 Preparing for Your Return to Campus
7/24 Support Our Student Community
7/15 Return to Campus Task Force: Preparing for the Fall Semester Plan
6/23 Employee COVID-19 Health and Wellness Screening
6/23 Plan for Gradual Return to Campus – Summer 2020
6/16 Academic Calendar Changes - Fall 2020
5/28 Return to Campus – Employees with Health Concerns
5/27 Planning for the Fall 2020 Semester
5/13 Summer Schedule
5/1 Return to Campus Task Force
4/27 HR Updates, Resources and Reminders
4/24 Information Security Updates
4/8 A Message from the President
4/8 COVID-19 Related Financial Assistance for Employees
4/6 Caring for Yourself during COVID-19
3/27 Tips for Working Remotely
3/24 COVID-19 and Bias
3/16 Transition to a Remote Workforce and Workplace
3/13 Urgent Coronavirus Update
3/12 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
3/9 Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
3/8 CORRECTED DATES – Coronavirus Updates (COVID-19)
2/27 Coronavirus Update