Title IV Authorization Form

Students that are current recipients of Title IV financial aid assistance will need to complete a Student Federal Authorization Form.

Under Federal Regulations all students who receive Title IV federal aid including:

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Stafford Loans
  • Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
  • Perkins Loans
  • Parent Loans

are requested to complete the  Student Federal Authorization Form. 

The Student Federal Authorization Form allows you to authorize/not authorize St. John's University to use these funds for prior period charges, other non-institutional expenses, or credit these funds for future charges such as books, health insurance, lost ID's, fines, etc.

If you change your mind and want to rescind these authorizations, please send a letter to the Office of Student Financial Services including your Student ID stating you are rescinding your authorizations.

We request your cooperation in completing this form as soon as possible.  This form should be completed and returned to the Office of Student Financial Services.

If you have any questions on completing this form, please contact us at 718-990-2000.

How to Complete a Student Federal Authorization Form Through UIS

Under Federal law, the University must receive your “authorization” to cover fees OTHER than tuition, registration, lab fees and contracted University room and board fees using Title IV aid. These other fees are called non-institutional charges and can include but are not limited to Parking fees/fines, ID card fees/fines/charges, Residence Life fees/fines/charges, Laptop charges, Health Insurance, etc.

Log into UIS.

Click on the "Financial Aid" tab.

Click on "Title IV Authorization Form."

  • Select "Authorize" or "Do Not Authorize" for the use of federal funds for prior period expenses.
Visual representation of Title IV Authorization Form
  • Select "Authorize" or "Do Not Authorize" for the use of federal funds for non-institutional expenses.
Title IV Authorization Form Image 2
  • Select "Authorize" or "Do Not Authorize" to leave funds on account for the next term within the same aid year.


Click the "Submit" button to complete Authorization.