Certification and Credential

Financial Certification

Before beginning their studies in the U.S., international students must present documentation confirming they will be financially secure while pursuing their education.

A Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status is needed to obtain an F-1 Student visa or status – or to keep lawful F-1 status – when transferring to or changing schools within the U.S.

To receive your Form I-20, you must be accepted for full-time study at St. John's University; you also must prove you can meet the costs of living and studying in the U.S. Complete information about U.S. government requirements for proving financial capability for your Form I-20 is available in our packet, "How to Get Your Form I-20." You will receive this packet with your application for admission to the University.

More Information
To learn more about financial certification and other requirements for international students at St. John's, contact our Office of International Admission by phone 1 (718) 990-1601, or by email [email protected].

Official Credentials

If you were educated in a country other than the U.S., you are required to submit original academic records or copies certified/attested by the institution you attended. Records from secondary and post-secondary schools must have an official school seal.

Please provide transcripts and marksheets for all years of study. These must be official results received from the examining authority that issued them. Photocopies must be certified and attested to be acceptable.

Credentials issued in a language other than English must be submitted and accompanied by certified English translations.

Send all documentation to:

Office of International Admission
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
Tel: (718) 990-1601
[email protected]