Curriculum and Instruction
The purpose of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction is to prepare teachers for certification in their respective fields, while imparting a values-based philosophy that promotes service, integrity, compassion and diversity.
St. John’s School of Education offers a number of programs, internships and organizations aimed at expanding the value and application of your education and training – a rich foundation for you and your future students.
Programs of Study
- Adolescent Education, B.S. in Education
- Childhood Education (1-6), B.S. in Education
- Childhood Education, Master of Science in Education
- Early Childhood Education, Master of Science in Education
- Middle School Certification in Adolescent Education (7-12) Certificate Extension to Grades 5-6, Advanced Certificate
- Middle School Certification in Childhood Education (1-6) Certificate Extension to Grades 7, 8, and 9, Advanced Certificate
- Adolescent Education/Literacy (5-12), Bachelor of Science in Education / Master of Science in Education
- Adolescent Education, Master of Science in Education
Dr. Xiaojun Chen
Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Sullivan Hall Room 430