Class Fact Sheet
Fall 2017 Entering Class
|LSAT (All Programs)|
|GPA (All Programs)|
- J.D. (full-time three year program; part-time four year program)
- LL.M. in Bankruptcy
- LL.M. in Transnational Legal Practice
- LL.M. in U.S. Legal Studies
Student to Faculty Ratio
Student to Faculty Ratio 16 to 1
Overall, the employment status of 100% of the Class of 2016 (244/244) was ascertained by the Career Development Office. As of March 15, 2017, 224 of these graduates were employed, 19 were still seeking employment, and 1 was pursuing a graduate degree. The placement rate as of March 15, 2017, for all graduates from the Class of 2016 (224/244) was 92%. View additional placement data.
Clinical and Externship Programs
- Bankruptcy Advocacy Clinic
- Bread and Life: Immigration Clinic
- Child Advocacy Clinic
- Consumer Justice for the Elderly: Litigation Clinic
- Criminal Defense Clinic
- Domestic Violence Litigation Clinic
- Economic Justice Clinic
- Prosecution Clinic
- Refugee and Immigrant Rights Litigation Clinic
- Securities Arbitration Clinic
- Intellectual Property Honors Program
- International Honors Program
- Mattone Family Institute for Real Estate Honors Program
- St. Thomas More Scholars Program
- Ron Brown Program
Numerous placement opportunities for academic credit with government agencies, non-profit organizations, law firms and corporations.
- Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights
- Hugh L. Carey Center for Dispute Resolution
- Center for Bankruptcy Studies
- Center for International and Comparative Law
- Intellectual Property Center
- Mattone Family Institute for Real Estate Law
- Center for Labor and Employment Law
- Center for Law and Religion
- Public Interest Center
- Writing Center
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition Rates 2017–2018 Academic Year
St. John’s School of Law offers a wide range of merit scholarships.
University housing is available to law students and assistance is provided in locating area housing.
Applicants to the fall semester should submit application materials before March 15 to receive priority consideration.
St. John’s is situated on almost 100 rolling acres in a residential part of Queens. The campus boasts a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline.
For more information, contact:
St. John’s University School of Law
Office of Admissions
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439