- St. John’s is one of only three schools in New York City to achieve 90%+ overall employment and 80%+ FT/LT/Bar/JD* employment for each of the past three years. (along with Columbia and NYU)
- #40 nationwide for placing graduates in the 100 biggest law firms, making St. John's Law a 2018 National Law Journal "Go-To Law School"
- St. John’s was above the statewide average for bar passage in 2017 for first-time takers in July and has the highest 2-year bar passage rate of any law school in New York City. (96%!+)
- One of the most affordable private law schools in New York by debt load
- Over $20 million awarded as scholarships in 2017-2018
Faculty Who Prepare You For the Profession
- 19 clinics and centers and dozens of externships providing hands-on experience
- Individualized, proactive, integrated approach to career development that ensures that every student has a customized plan for success
- Since welcoming our very first class in downtown Brooklyn in 1925, St. John’s Law has opened its doors to the underserved of their time—whether immigrants, women, or members of racial, ethnic, or religious minorities.
- Pre-Law Magazine recognizes St. John's University School of Law as one of the most diverse law schools in its Winter 2017 edition!
- That founding mission of embracing difference and fostering inclusion in the legal profession endures as our living mission. We offer our students a range of opportunities to engage in issues of social justice, to uplift New York City’s poor and needy, and to serve those who have been underrepresented traditionally.
- A loyal network of 16,000+ who give, teach, mentor, and hire
- The advantage of starting your career with support in New York City
*full-time, long-term, bar-required or JD-advantage jobs (excluding law school funded positions)
+The ABA now requires law schools to report “ultimate” bar passage, so not just the percentage that passed at one sitting, but how many passed within two years of graduation. For the most recent two-year data from 2015, St. John’s is highest in New York City and second highest in New York State. (w/ Cornell)
Gain a competitive edge in the dynamic legal marketplace:
- J.D. Program
- Accounting: J.D./M.B.A. and J.D./M.S.
- Bankruptcy: J.D./LL.M.
- Business Administration: J.D./M.B.A.
- Government and Politics: J.D./M.A.
- Health Care Administration: J.D./M.P.A.
J.D. Admissions Office
St. John's University School of Law
Belson and Finley Halls Room 3-37
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
Phone: 718-990-6474 Fax: 718-990-2526
Sample Student Programs
Law School Courses
Journals and Activities
Centers and Clinics
Study Abroad Programs
Joint Degree Programs
Pathways to a Profession
Intellectual Property Honors Program
International Honors Program
Mattone Family Instititue for Real Estate Law Honors Program