Division of Student Affairs
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs is to promote student success through collaborative partnerships that support the educational mission of St. John's University.
To accomplish this mission, members of the Division work with students, faculty, and other administrators to:
- Focus on student learning and facilitate for individual growth and development.
- Generate a sense of community through active promotion of the institution's core values.
- Enhance the quality of campus life by providing a broad range of services, programs and events.
- Serve as advocates for students, removing barriers and helping them to resolve conflicts.
- Student Affairs is committed to providing students with programs that address new student transitions, personal growth, leadership development, and decision-making skills.
Student Affairs serves full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students at all six University locations.
SJU Student Affairs
Please follow @SJUStudents on social media for updates on our initiatives and collaborations across the University.
Graduate Assistantships with Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs offers exciting Graduate Assistant opportunities for highly qualified, ambitious, and motivated graduate students in many of the departments throughout the Division. To view any available assistantships and to apply, please visit Graduate Assistantships and Fellowships.
At the bottom of this page, you will find a section for the Division of Student Affairs; here are listed any available positions as well as detailed application instructions.
Areas part of the Division of Student Affairs:
- Campus Recreation
- Center for Counseling and Consultation
- Community Development
- Disability Services
- Leadership Development
- Multicultural Affairs
- Performing Arts
- Residence Life
- SOAR (Sexual violence Outreach, Awareness, and Response)
- Student Conduct
- Student Development
- Student Health Services
- Student Operations
- University Career Services
- Wellness Education and Prevention Services
Division Office Hours
University Center, Terrace Level
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
|Kathryn T. Hutchinson, Ph.D.|
Vice President for the Division of Student Affairs