This is an exciting time for you and your family. Your hard work and dedication will culminate in your Commencement. Commencement is historic - not only in your life - but the life of our University. We invite you to join us in continuing the history and the great tradition of St. John's. Your participation will greatly enrich the excitement of the celebration.
Our Commencement Ceremonies include the conferral of degrees and certificates to all of our graduates, the recognition of each graduate by name, a commencement address and the awarding of honorary degrees to distinguished individuals.
All prospective graduates can expect to be contacted in early March via e-mail with more details. Graduates will need to register and order their academic attire online. The online registration will begin on Friday, March 7, 2014 and end on Monday, April 28, 2014.
In the meantime, prospective graduates can begin to prepare for graduation by completing the following items:
- Browse through the Commencement web pages by choosing the campus that applies to you, which can be found on the left.
- Confirm your eligibility for graduation by visiting your academic dean's office.
- Order your diploma online by following the steps listed below:
- Log in to UIS
- Click on Student Tab
- Click on Graduation
- Click on Application for Diploma Menu
- If you have any further questions or changes, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Review your transcript on UIS for accuracy of grade changes, transfer credits, etc.
- Update your contact information (home address, email, etc.) on UIS
- Confirm your account has no holds (including parking tickets and library fines) on UIS.
All graduates will receive five (5) guest tickets to the Commencement Exercises.
For a calendar of events for Commencement weekend, please click here.
Staten Island campus students, please click here.
Queens, Manhattan & Oakdale campus students, please click here.
Rome campus students, please click here.