Although starting college can be intimidating as a first year student, there are many opportunities to make a new connection. Students are encouraged to invite faculty members to Starbucks on campus and engage in different conversations that don’t always occur in the classroom. Coffee Connections opens the door for students and faculty to discuss a wide array of topics ranging from current events around the world to goals and plans for the future.
The program is absolutely free to the students and faculty, as we aim to increase engagement outside of the classroom and help develop new connections and relationships along the way.
View the Coffee Connections flyer (PDF).
How It Works
- The student must work with the professor to choose a date and time first, before signing up for a voucher
- Coffee Connection must occur between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Once a date and time have been confirmed by both the student and professor, set a reminder so you don’t forget!
- The student and professor should meet for the Coffee Connection appointment in DAC 213
- In DAC 213, the student will sign in and then receive two $5 vouchers (one for the student and one for the professor)
- Enjoy the coffee/snack on us!
For more information, please contact Sid Mohamed, Assistant Director of Student Development, at [email protected] or at 718-990-7629.