About Professor Lawrence Ahern
Professor Lawrence Ahern holds national certification as a business bankruptcy specialist by both the American Board of Certification and the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
- Professor Ahern is a retired partner at Burr Forman, where he practiced bankruptcy and commercial law until 2013. He is currently a partner at Brown & Ahern, where he limits his practice to consulting with attorneys and financial professionals on issues involving bankruptcy and commercial law, as well as expert testimony, teaching, and speaking.
- Professor Ahern joined St. John’s Bankruptcy LLM faculty in 2014. He has also been a member of Vanderbilt Law School’s adjunct law faculty, teaching Secured Transactions, since 1998.
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy.
- He is a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
- He has chaired both the American Board of Certification and the Tennessee Commission, and continues to serve the ABC as director emeritus.
- He serves on the advisory board of the St. John’s Law School Bankruptcy LL.M. program.
- He is a director of the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors.
- His other professional affiliations include the American Bankruptcy Institute (former director) and the Mid-South Commercial Law Institute (former director and president).
- A frequent speaker, he has authored or co-authored numerous books and articles on bankruptcy and commercial law, including the Bankruptcy Procedure Manual: Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure Annotated, 2014 ed. (West’s® Bankruptcy Series)
Connect with Professor Ahern
BROWN & AHERN a national practice limited to mediation & alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and legal consulting with firms & professionals on commercial & bankruptcy issues, expert testimony, speaking, teaching, and writing.