More Information

Visiting Students

Visiting Students

Applying to the School of Law as a visiting student requires the following to be submitted by December 15 (for spring visitors) or August 1 (for fall visitors):

  • A completed St. John's University School of Law application submitted via the LSAC website, containing a statement of the applicant's reasons for seeking visiting student status;
  • A letter of good standing and permission to visit from the Dean of the ABA-approved law school the applicant currently attends;
  • An official transcript containing grades for all law school courses the applicant has completed;
  • A copy of the applicant's CAS report — the copy may be forwarded with the official transcript from the ABA-approved law school the applicant currently attends;
  • There is no application fee for visiting students.

Summer Visiting Students

The seven-week summer session normally runs from late May through late July. Applicants with advanced standing may be admitted to the summer program, at the discretion of the Committee on Admissions, on the following conditions:

  • The applicant submits a special summer program application. It should be filed as early as possible, but no later than May 20.
  • The applicant provides a letter of good standing and permission, signed by the Dean of the ABA-approved law school at which the applicant is a matriculated student. This letter also should certify that the applicant will have completed at least one year of law study by the end of the spring semester.

International Students

If an applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, in a foreign country, the Admissions Committee may, at its discretion, admit the applicant to the School of Law on the following conditions:

  • The applicant complies with the regular admission requirements and procedures of the School of Law, including taking the LSAT; and
  • The applicant submits academic records to the LSAC JD Credential Assembly Service or World Education Service. If you are accepted into the Law School and have entered the U.S on a B-1, B-2, or F-2 visa or in undocumented status, St. John's Law School cannot allow you to register for class until your visa status is changed to F-1 (International students with permission to enter the U.S. for academic purposes only). If you are not a permanent resident and plan to apply for F-1 student visa status (Form I-20), please select F-1 for Visa Type when completing your application.

Additional information for International Students can be found at International Student and Scholar Services Office.