St. John’s University was established in 1870 in a small farmhouse in Brooklyn. That early location evolved into the Lewis Avenue campus, located at the intersection of Lewis Avenue and Willoughby Avenues. Alumni from this cherished former location remain an integral part of St. John’s today. Lewis Avenue Alumni have a reunion every year during Grand Alumni Homecoming Weekend in the spring.
The Lewis Avenue Committee will gather at various times during the year to help plan and host this wonderful gathering.
This fund was established in 2006 in honor of Father Cyril Meyer, CM., former Dean of the College and Vice President of the University. It was created to memorialize the founding of the College on Lewis Avenue in 1870 and provide for a special remembrance for those College students and alumni who gave their lives in World War II. This fund is to provide one or more annual partial scholarships to academically qualified and/or deserving St. John’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students.
Dionne Dorsey '15G
Acting Director, Office of Donor Relations[email protected]
For more information, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (718) 990-6232 or by email at [email protected]