More Information

Apply For VA Benefits

In order to apply for enrollment and receive education benefits at St. John’s, you must notify the Veterans Benefit Coordinator at our Queens or Staten Island campus and complete the Veterans Benefits Certification Request Form.

This form must be turned in to the Veterans Benefit Coordinator at the University before you can become certified and eligible for Veteran Education Benefits.

VA Payment Information

It is important to have all necessary forms, such as the Veteran Affairs Benefits Educational Form and the Federal Financial Aid Application (FAFSA), completed and approved before the tuition bill due date.

Once we receive approval of your veteran education benefits, we provide you with a temporary credit on your student account, pending receipt of actual benefits. Please note that St. John’s will not issue any refund of excess financial aid until all financial aid awards have been received by the University.

Changes in Enrollment Status

If you do not wish to be certified for veteran benefits in a given semester, you must notify the University Veterans Coordinator in writing, prior to the beginning of the semester.

It is your responsibility to inform St. John’s University and Veteran Affairs of any changes in your enrollment status, such as dropping or withdrawing from a course.

Post-9/11 G.I. Bill®

Learn more about the special educational opportunities available for veterans through the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill at GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).