More Information

How to Get Your I-20 Form

What is an I-20 and Why Do You Need One?
A Form I-20 is the government form that St. John’s University uses to certify to the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 Student Status. 

How Do I Get the I-20 Application Form?
You need to request your I-20 Application Form. You may contact our Office of International Students & Scholar Services, or you may download the I-20 Form

When Do I Start the I-20 Application Process?
You can apply at the same time you apply for admission.  Note that an I-20 will not be issued until you are officially accepted to the program.

What are the Rules for Obtaining an I-20?

  • You must be accepted to a full-time program of study at St. John's University.
  • You must prove to us that you can support the costs of living and studying in the U.S. for the entire duration of your program of study. This is required by U.S. law. 
  • Do not expect that you will be able to work in the U.S. to help meet your annual costs. On-Campus employment is limited and competitive, and off-campus employment is strictly controlled by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services.
Points to Remember
  • Form I-20 does not automatically come with your admission - you need to apply for it.
  • A bank statement is not enough - you need to submit the whole application. 
  • Do not confuse proof of income with bank statements.
  • Read the I-20 application instructions carefully.

Office of International Admission
Room 106 Newman Hall
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY  11439

[email protected]

Office of International Student & Scholar Services
St. John's University
St. Vincent Hall, B19
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, New York 11439
[email protected]