Credit internships provide business students with valuable work experience, which will enhance their classroom learning. Tobin offers credit internships to first semester juniors, who are currently enrolled and have completed 60 credits with a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.75. This program provides students with the opportunity to develop skills outside the classroom in actual work settings.
Each internship opportunity lasts one semester and is part-time. Students are allowed up to two for-credit internships during their undergraduate career.
Interns must be supervised by both a Tobin faculty member and someone on-site at the internship. Students must be successfully reviewed for performance after the completion of 135 hours of internship. Application of the principles and theories of a specific business major discipline is emphasized throughout the internship.
Our proximity to New York City's business center opens enviable opportunities for real-world experience prior to graduation. Students may earn course credit by interning at companies such as UBS Financial Services, and Viacom. However, Tobin has sponsoring firms throughout New York and other locations. You might even leverage your internship into a job offer when you've completed your degree.
- Academic Internships for Credit
- Credit bearing work experience
- One three-credit course only
- Head start in your career field
- Learn job-seeking skills
- Sharpen Essential Skills such as: Written/Oral Communication, Interpersonal Leadership, Technology:Computer Operation, Analytical, Organizational Teamwork/Flexibility
- Gain real-world experience and networking opportunities
- Build your resume
- Opportunity to earn credit toward your major