Risk Management, Master in Business Administration
A Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree is intended to provide broad business knowledge and prepares students for cross-functional decision making within an organization.
A risk/insurance specialization is earned by successfully completing an introductory course in the Management of Risk (RMI 601) and up to four (but no less than three) other RMI designated 600-level courses (or higher). Offered on campus and online, this specialization allows students to build upon the program’s broad business education by providing an in-depth study of managing risk, or managing the finances of an insurance firm, or product design.
Please see a list of our School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science faculty.
All applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level. In addition to the application form and non-refundable application fee candidates should submit the following:
- Statement of professional goals and resume which can be uploaded as part of the application for admission
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended. International Applicants to programs in Accounting and Taxation must have a Graduate Admissions evaluation completed by AEQUO.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores, taken within the last five years
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English
For additional information, please contact:
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Office of Graduate Admission
8000 Utopia Parkway
114 Bent Hall
Queens, NY 11439
Earn Your Degree Online
Pursue your St. John’s M.B.A. degree entirely on your computer. Our fully accredited Online Learning programs allow you to take courses electronically. Log in at your convenience to enter our virtual classrooms, learn from our accomplished faculty, and engage with classmates.
Our online courses offer the same high academic quality that students experience on campus. Professors deliver lectures and post assignments via Blackboard, our electronic course management system. Students use it to attend virtual classes, share documents, take exams, and exchange ideas with faculty and classmates.
A Fully Academic Experience
You also enjoy the outstanding services available to all St. John’s students, for example:
- Eligibility for scholarships and financial aid
- Tuition and fees identical to those for on-campus courses
- Access to library collections, career services, mentoring, and other academic resources.
Click here for more information about the Online M.B.A. in Risk Management at St. John’s.