The Peter J. Tobin College of Business Dean’s Distinguished Scholars Program
This elite program offers opportunities for high-achieving undergraduate business students to share their academic journey with fellow scholars in the program. It features enriched curricular activities designed to stimulate intellectual, professional, and personal growth by combining opportunities for career development, global study, research projects with faculty, and academic service learning.
Students are selected for the program by Tobin faculty. Business students who graduated in the top 10 percent of their high school class and scored a minimum combined verbal/mathematics SAT score of 1300 will be considered.
The Dean’s Distinguished Scholars Program participation requirements include:
- Enrollment in Distinguished Scholars-designated courses
- Participation in a subsidized Scholars Global Destination Course
- Completion of at least one internship course
- Participation in two workshop/speaker/career development activities per semester
- Maintenance of a 3.5 cumulative GPA, both overall and within student’s major
The benefits of the program are many, notably:
- Participating students receive a $2,000 grant toward the Tobin Global Destination course
- Participating students have the option to conduct research with a faculty member within the student’s major
- Participating students may live with other Distinguished Scholars in one of the University’s residence halls