Family and Guests
- Read the 2018 Queens Undergraduate Commencement Exercises Student Information Book.
- Bring your Commencement tickets with you
- Check stjohns.edu for the latest updates
- Check weather.com for the latest forecast
- Check your local news for road closings/delays
- Arrive to your seats by 8:45 a.m.
- Make arrangements with your graduate for a meeting location immediately following the ceremony and in case the ceremony is abbreviated due to severe weather
Clothing and Other Items
- Light colors are best as May can be hot and sunny
- Rain jacket
- Comfortable shoes
- Sunglasses and hats
- Click here for a list of items that are NOT allowed at the ceremony
- There will be an ambulance on site near St. Thomas More Church.
- If you need immediate assistance, please find a Public Safety Officer or a Host in a red St. John's shirt.
- Marillac Hall, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Floors
- St. Albert Hall, 1st Floor
- St. John Hall, 2nd Floor for Women and 3rd Floor for Men
- St. Thomas More Church ~ for disabled guests only
- Restroom Trailers
Guests with Special Needs
- Due to the large number of guests in attendance, we are only able to offer seating to the person with special needs and one companion.
- Reserved parking will be located near St. Thomas More Church, and you are asked to enter through Gate 1 on Utopia Parkway. There is also a reserved seating section for guests with special needs located at the front of the lawn on the left side of the seating section, facing the stage. Please see a Public Safety Officer or a University Host for assistance with parking and seating.
- Sign language interpreters will be present for the duration of the ceremony.
- Handicap accessible restrooms are located in St. Thomas More Church.
- Only guests with tickets will be able to view the Commencement Exercises in one of the simulcast locations on campus.
- Marillac Hall Auditorium (for general public)
- Little Theatre (for general public)
- St. John Hall, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floor Classrooms (for general public)
- Marillac Hall, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Floor Classrooms (once procession leaves) (for general public)
- D'Angelo Center Room 206 (for general public)
- Please ask any Public Safety Officer or Host in a red St. John's shirts to direct you to one of these locations.
- Seating in the simulcast areas is limited and requires a ticket to enter. Please plan accordingly.
- The Commencement Exercises will be streamed live at stjohns.edu.
- The bookstore will be open on May 20 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.