The University is exploring the idea of hosting a modified in-person celebration for the Class of 2021. When the details are finalized, they will be communicated well in advance.
In the meantime, graduates can purchase academic attire, accessories, and keepsakes now.
Attire orders placed between Friday, April 23 and Monday, May 3 will incur additional shipping fees from Herff Jones in order to ensure you receive your attire in time for the start of the Virtual Ceremonies.
*It is recommended that students who are interested in purchasing academic attire (cap, gown and hood) confirm graduation eligibility with the dean's office PRIOR to purchasing academic attire.
Ordering academic attire is optional for the Virtual Ceremonies in May and will be required to participate in the in-person ceremonies to be held in the future.
1. Log onto Herff Jones
2. Click on the Order Now button under Cap and Gown
3. Select one.
- Queens and Manhattan (Undergraduate)
- Staten Island (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- Graduate by School/College
4. Choose degree type (i.e. Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate); then click Continue
5. Click on Cap and Gown link on the top of the page
6. Click on Graduation Regalia
7. Complete the Package Details section, with name, area of study, height and weight; then click Add to Cart
8. Add additional items to the cart (optional) or proceed to checkout
9. Proceed to checkout and complete the credit card billing information and X number, then click Continue. Home ship is the only option
10. Print the confirmation page for reference
When purchasing academic attire, you will receive a commemorative 150th anniversary patch in your attire order. This limited edition patch can be affixed to your gown and is meant to be a keepsake item for our Class of 2021 graduates.
For any questions or concerns about regalia affordability, please contact the Office of University Events at [email protected]. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
All academic attire will be shipped to a home address by the cap and gown supplier, Herff Jones. Below are the shipping dealines.
For more information regarding honor cords and stoles and how to receive them, please contact the honor society’s administrator or the dean’s office.
If students already ordered academic attire and would like to request a refund, here is the Herff Jones return policy:
For questions or concerns about your academic attire, please contact our Herff Jones Representative, Brie Tutone, at 631-757-3040 or [email protected].