Please be advised that the University is still exploring the idea of hosting an in-person commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020. When finalized, the details of that event will be communicated well in advance. In the meantime, graduates can purchase academic attire prior to receiving final details or can return already ordered attire.
For questions or concerns about your academic attire, please contact our Herff Jones Representative, Brie Tutone, at 631-757-3040 or [email protected].
Home Ship Option for Prior Orders
Academic attire that has already been ordered can now be shipped to a home address at no additional cost by the cap and gown supplier, Herff Jones, starting Monday, April 13, 2020. To provide Herff Jones with the shipping information, please visit Herff Jones.
The deadline to order online has been extended to Monday, August 31, 2020, and the option for home shipping is now available for all orders. To place orders, please visit Herff Jones. (Orders placed after August 31 may incur additional fees from Herff Jones.)
*It is recommended that students who are interested in purchasing academic attire (cap, gown and hood) confirm graduation eligibility with the dean's office PRIOR to purchasing academic attire.
Instructions to Purchase Attire Online:
1. Log onto Herff Jones
2. Click on the Purchase a Cap and Gown.
3. Select one.
- Undergraduate Queens
- Graduate and Undergraduate Staten Island
- Graduate by School/College Queens
4. Choose degree type (i.e. Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate); then click Continue.
5. Click on Cap and Gown link on the top of the page
6. Click on Graduation Regalia
7. Complete the Package Details section, with name, area of study, height and weight; then click Add to Cart.
8. Add additional items to the cart (optional).
9. Proceed to checkout and complete the credit card billing information and X number, then click Continue. Home ship is the only option.
10. Print the confirmation page for reference.
If students already ordered academic attire and would like to request a refund, here is the Herff Jones return policy:
Attire can be reordered once we have announced more information.
For any questions or concerns about regalia affordability, please contact the Office of University Events at [email protected]. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Honor Cords and Stoles
For more information regarding honor cords and stoles and how to receive them, please contact the honor society’s administrator or the dean’s office.