Please be advised that the University is still exploring the idea of hosting an in-person commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020. When finalized, the details of that event will be communicated well in advance. In the meantime, graduates can purchase academic attire prior to receiving final details or can return already ordered attire.
For questions or concerns about your academic attire, please contact our Herff Jones Representative, Brie Tutone, at 631-757-3040 or [email protected].
All academic attire will be shipped to a home address by the cap and gown supplier, Herff Jones.
The deadline to order online with regular shipping ($7.95) is Tuesday, April 20 @ 11:59 PM.
To place an order, please visit Herff Jones. (Orders placed between April 21 and May 3 incur additional shipping fees from Herff Jones.)
*It is recommended that students who are interested in purchasing academic attire (cap, gown and hood) confirm graduation eligibility with the dean's office PRIOR to purchasing academic attire.
1. Log onto Herff Jones
2. Click on the Purchase a Cap and Gown
3. Select one.
- Undergraduate Queens
- Graduate and Undergraduate Staten Island
- Graduate by School/College Queens
4. Choose degree type (i.e. Associate, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate); then click Continue
5. Click on Cap and Gown link on the top of the page
6. Click on Graduation Regalia
7. Complete the Package Details section, with name, area of study, height and weight; then click Add to Cart
8. Add additional items to the cart (optional)
9. Proceed to checkout and complete the credit card billing information and X number, then click Continue. Home ship is the only option
10. Print the confirmation page for reference
If students already ordered academic attire and would like to request a refund, here is the Herff Jones return policy:
For any questions or concerns about regalia affordability, please contact the Office of University Events at [email protected]. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
For more information regarding honor cords and stoles and how to receive them, please contact the honor society’s administrator or the dean’s office.