Displaying all events for: AcademicsView all events »
- 25SepSeptember 25, 20184:00 pm — 5:00 pmQ-Library 307 and Online
- 26SepSeptember 26, 20181:50 pmSullivan Hall B3
- 26SepSeptember 26, 20185:00 pm — 6:00 pmQ-Library 307 and Online
- 27SepSeptember 27, 20181:50 pm — 3:15 pmSt. John Hall Room 203, Queens• Open to PublicThis symposium is focused on the experiences of immigrant Muslim women (first and second generation). The speakers include faculty as well as students and members of the community. The purpose of the symposium is two-fold: (1) to create an opportunity for conversations about the struggles of Muslim women and those mistakenly identified as Muslim women and (2) to raise awareness about Islamophobia.
- 28SepSeptember 28, 201812:30 pm — 5:00 pmPresident's Room, Carnesecca Arena, Queens• Registration RequiredThis workshop will address such issues as: prevalence and typologies of child/sexual abuse, maltreatment, and neglect; physical and behavioral indicators of abuse; and emotional and societal ramifications of abuse.
- 28SepSeptember 28, 20184:15 pmD'Angelo Room 306, Queens• Open to PublicProfessor Eric Winsberg of the University of South Florida will discuss how climate data are used to support hypotheses, the nature of probabilities in climate science, and how climate science should be used to guide public policy.