Welcome to a digital timeline of St. John’s University. The selected milestones provide a glimpse of the university from 1870 until today.
The School of Pedagogy is founded, admitting men and women.
The School of Accounting, Commerce and Finance is renamed the School of Commerce.
The School of Pharmacy is renamed the College of Pharmacy.
Teachers College separates its undergraduate and graduate divisions.
Construction begins on the Queens campus with St. John Hall.
The School of Commerce is renamed the College of Business Administration.
The School of General Studies is renamed the College of General Studies.
The College of Pharmacy is renamed the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions.
St. Vincent’s College is renamed the College of Professional Studies.
The School of Education and Human Services resumes its former title of The School of Education.
Alumni Hall is renamed Carnesecca Arena.
Featuring images and artifacts from the St. John's University Archives
The University Archives include a vast array of materials, including yearbooks, newsletters, programs, photos, manuscripts, films, videotapes, and memorabilia. The Archives holds records dating back to the founding of St. John’s University in 1870.
For more information or to donate items to the Archives, please contact University Archives at 718-990-1465 or [email protected]