You can win $1,000 by entering St. John's
third annual web video contest!
Create a video about what St. John's means to you and win great
prizes! All you need is a camera, a few friends and the desire to
share a meaningful St. John's story! Entries are due March 4th so
start filming today!
The "Capture the Storm" contest has become an exciting annual
tradition. This year"s
theme, "What St. John's Means to You," invites you to share why you
love living and learning here!
Fantastic prizes will be awarded
- First place - $1,000
- Second place - $500
- Third Place - $250
- Co-Star with your favorite professor to spotlight a class or
- Team up with a friend to show your Red Storm pride
- Tell us how discovering New York or the world has made you a
- Zoom in on the way service has changed a life – yours or
- Produce a video scrapbook of your best St. John's memories
- …or create your own unique idea
Video Contest Rules
- Be 30 seconds to one minute
- Reflect St. John's Core Values of truth, love, respect,
opportunity, excellence and service
- Have a video dimension of 480x320 pixels
- Have a copyright permission for music and images that are not
- Not exceed a maximum file size of 1GB
- Use only these formats: .wmv, .avi, .mov, .mpg
- Contestants must maintain a YouTube account in good
Contest is open to all undergraduates 18 years of age and
older (except full-time employees). More than one entry is allowed.
St. John's will own reproduction rights to all videos submitted.
Federal, state and local laws apply.