Each new student leaves orientation with useful information about the university from the students who live it first-hand! Orientation Leaders will be your personal guides through the information that St. John’s has to share with you.
These student leaders have been working for months to prepare for your arrival and cannot wait to meet you. Orientation Leaders are members of various clubs, programming boards, honor/academic societies, Fraternities, Sororities, Student Government Inc., and many other student organizations. Make sure you take advantage of learning from their experiences.
New Student Orientation strives to meet the Catholic, Vincentian, and Metropolitan components of the St. John’s University Mission.
- As a Catholic University, orientation strives to provide a welcoming and nurturing environment for new incoming student and their families and introduce them to the many great areas and resources of St. John's University.
- As a Vincentian University, inspired by St. Vincent de Paul's compassion and zeal for service, we are committed to providing a strong sense of community where students will foster professional and personal growth during their college years.
- As a Metropolitan University, we initiate the integration of new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of St. John's University and the New York City metropolitan area.
To accomplish this mission, New Student Orientation staff work with other administrative offices, students, faculty, and alumni to:
- Provide a high quality and inclusive program in which new students and their families will attain a sense of belonging to St. John's University.
- Create an environment where new students can feel welcome while also preparing them for the next stage in their development as a college student.
- Incorporate the many wonderful aspects on New York City into their college experience and also exposing the opportunities it has to offer.