More Information

Move-in Reminders

Pay Your University Bill

University bills must be paid or the appropriate financial arrangements must have been made prior to move-in. Even though Student Financial Services will be available on Move-In Day, we strongly urge students to make sure that bills are paid in advance of arrival to campus. If a bill is not paid, students will not be able to complete the check-in process. University bills include tuition and housing charges, as well as other University fees.

Fall term bills are available beginning Monday, June 19, 2017, and payment is due by Monday, July 24, 2017. You can view your bill in MySJU, and we suggest you double-check your account before you depart.

Get Your StormCard (Student ID Card)

A St. John’s University identification card is necessary in order for students to move in. While there will be an opportunity to obtain a StormCard during Orientation and Move-In, we strongly urge students who are able to come to campus prior to move-in to do so in order to get their StormCard.

On the Queens Campus, StormCards are processed at the Public Safety Office located on Goethals Avenue outside Gate 6. If you are near campus and wish to obtain your StormCard, please visit Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 4:30pm or Fridays from 7:30am to 3:00pm.  If you have questions about your StormCard, please contact Public Safety at 718-990-6257.

On the Staten Island Campus, Stormcards are processed at the Public Safety Office, located in Spellman Hall.  If you are near campus and wish to obtain your StormCard, please visit anytime or day. If you have questions about your StormCard, please contact Public Safety at 718-390-4487.

Submit Emergency Contact Information

It is important that we have all the necessary contact information in the event of an emergency. Residence Life requires students to register emergency contact names and phone numbers and missing person contact names and phone numbers.

This information must be submitted in UIS using the emergency contact person link. Students should designate an emergency contact person and a missing person contact. In addition, students are required to disclose health insurance provider information (either SJU or private plan).

Submit Your Immunization and Health Forms

New students are expected to submit their MMR vaccination information to the St. John’s University Health Office prior to arrival. Students may not remain in residence without proper vaccinations and documentation. For more information, please see Required Health and Immunization Forms.

Residence Life Handbook

Please familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations for residence hall living. The Residence Life Handbook is available online. Your resident assistant will review some of this information during your first floor meetings. However, it is your responsibility to read and review all policies and procedures.

Recycling and Trash

The Office of Sustainability has provided each suite/room with a small blue recycling bin to be used to collect your recyclables. Large recycling bins are available in the trash rooms on each floor of most of the residence halls. Residents should place non-recyclable trash in the appropriate trash receptacles.