Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society
Omicron Delta Kappa Society (ΟΔΚ) is the national leadership honor society for college students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni that recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership, and exemplary character. Membership in ΟΔΚ is a mark of the highest distinction and honor.
Student candidates must be juniors or seniors who rank in the upper 35% in scholarship of their school or college (minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA) and must show leadership in at least one of five areas:
- Campus involvement, social/religious activities, student government, or community service
- Journalism, speech, and the mass media
- Creative and performing arts
Emphasis is placed on the development of the whole person, both as a member of the college community and as a contributor to a better society.
The purpose of ΟΔΚ is three-fold:
- Recognize those who have exhibited a high standard of leadership and efficiency in collegiate activities
- Bring together student leaders from all sectors of collegiate life in order to help mold the sentiment of the university for questions of local and collegiate interest.
- Bring together members of the faculty and the student body on a basis of mutual interest and understanding
Upon selection, initiation is performed at a special ceremony. The $85 initiation fee is required of each member. Your membership fee includes lifetime membership in ΟΔΚ, your membership certificate, a recognition button, and a three-year subscription to The Circle, the official ΟΔΚ publication.
For more information about ΟΔΚ, please visit www.odk.org.
Applications for membership into ΟΔΚ are available at the beginning of the spring semester and the induction ceremony is help in April.
For more information on ΟΔΚ, please contact Natalie Maio at 718-990-2103 or email@example.com.