Club Sports Program
Campus Recreation’s Club Sports Program provides opportunities for students with similar interests to participate in various sport and recreational activities. It is administered by Campus Recreation and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for students as well as encouraging healthy life choices. Club Sports are formed so the participants can learn new skills, improve existing skills, enjoy recreation and engage in competition. Participants can also enjoy both social and recreational fellowship through teamwork and develop their leadership skills.
The following clubs are currently established through the Campus Recreation Department:
Interested in Starting a New Club?
All proposals for new Club Sports must be submitted to the Director of Campus Recreation. The proposal must show evidence of:
- A strong student interest in participating in the activity.
- Availability of facilities for practice and competition.
- Availability of adequate competition within a reasonable geographical range from campus.
- Availability of a coach.
- Demonstration of student leadership within the club.
- Capacity of the club to meet needs, which are not currently met elsewhere in the total athletic program.
- Capacity of the club to meet financial responsibilities of the club beyond what is provided by the Campus Recreation Department. (i.e.: fund-raising)
If you are interested in starting a new club please contact Denise Inzirillo at email@example.com or 718-990-7521.