All St. John's University's campuses will be open Wednesday, January 28 and all classes will run on a regular schedule. The Registrar's office has extended the add/drop deadline to Wednesday, February 4, 2015. This does not apply to Law School students.
University Closing Procedures
In the event it becomes necessary to close the University because of an emergency or extraordinary event, such as severe weather, notice of such a closing or a delayed opening will be available to the University community through several sources:
- Call 718-990-2000 for detailed information. Please DO NOT call the Office of Public Safety on any of the St. John’s campuses, as these calls tie up the lines for safety emergencies.
- St. John's Web site will carry a written notice with the same updated information as provided by phone.
- Area television and radio stations will include St. John’s in their listing of school closings and delayed openings. These include WINS 1010 AM and WCBS 880 AM, which make recurring announcements throughout the day, usually beginning around 5 a.m.
- Text and voice messaging may be employed in case of an emergency on or around one or more St. John’s campuses.
- Should the decision to close the University occur during the work/school day, other means of communication may also be used. These include the Audix phone system, email and the campus digital signage.
If the emergency or event occurs during business hours, senior management will make a decision on the best time to close based on the emergency conditions, class schedules, exams and other scheduled University functions, which will be communicated via the channels as outlined above.
Questions around closing can be directed to 718-990-2000.