Stay Connected During Emergencies
Being safe means being informed. So remember to use these easy ways to learn instantly about closings and other emergencies on and around campus.
Sign up for Emergency Alerts via up-to-the-minute text and voice messages. Also use the St. John’s Web site, campus “e-boards,” public address system and emergency phone numbers — all parts of our Emergency Response Plan to help keep you informed and safe in emergencies.
Enroll In Emergency Notification System
Instant voice and text messages alert you to closings and other weather-related emergencies. To enroll:
- Go to MySJU and login to UIS or St. John’s Central
- Go to “Personal Information” and “Update Your Emergency Information for Instant Messaging System”
- Enter the phone number (cell or off-campus wired phone) you wish to receive the emergency alert
- Start with your area code and omit hyphens
- We cannot accept numbers starting with (718) 990; (718) 390; (212) 277; (212) 284 or (631) 218.
Web Site and E-Boards
Visit these links:
Public “e-boards” keep you informed on campus:
Montgoris Hall, Marillac Cafeteria, Seattle’s Best Café (Library), D’Angelo Center, Carnesecca Arena
- Staten Island
DaSilva Academic Center
Public address speakers are located in classrooms and common areas on the Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan campuses.
Emergency Contact Numbers
On campus, you also can receive the latest emergency information via Audix, the University’s voice mail system. Off campus, call these numbers:
Closure and Emergency Information: 718-990-2000
Information about emergencies in our surrounding communities is available thanks to Public Safety’s close working relationship with the NYPD, FDNY and Office of Emergency Management.