HELP MAKE STJ THE:
HEALTHIEST CAMPUS IN AMERICA!!!
SIGN UP TODAY FOR THE 2013
You don’t have to be a Gym Rat, an
Athlete, or a Health Nut to join us!
What is THE SWELL S.T.A.R. Challenge?
This is an opportunity to make your health and wellness activities
count, have fun, make friends and win prizes. You can choose
your own health & wellness goal for the semester and report
your progress for the chance to be a SWELL STAR. While you are
working toward your goal, you get invited to special wellness
events, get coaching & tips all semester to keep you on
How to Join the S.T.A.R. Challenge:
STEP ONE: SET YOUR GOAL
• Set a wellness goal for Spring, 2013. You can choose your own
goal or select one from a suggested list provided when you
STEP TWO: REGISTER YOUR GOAL
• Register for the challenge HERE. Be sure to
include your name and email so we can send you S.T.A.R. Progress
Reports. You cannot be eligible to win unless you register
STEP THREE: JOIN US ON GOOGLE
• Then join Google Circles (downloadable directions HERE) to meet your fellow challengers.
STEP FOUR: REPORT YOUR PROGRESS and
• Tell us how you are doing when we email you S.T.A.R. Progress
• Get Insider invitations to special events
• Win periodic prizes
• Get tips & support all semester
You Pick the
• Goals do not have to be complex
• You can choose to drink more water or get more sleep.
• You get to choose the goal and how long you want to work on it…
your own timeframe.
• You can set more than one goal during the semester.
• You can revise an existing goal if your life or your schedule
• Go for it... Think big... but also make sure this goal is
• We’ve made it easy to be a winner!
• It’s Win-Win-Win all around!
● Fitness- Walk daily, go to the gym, go to a fitness class ● Join
the walking/running club, take the stairs instead of the elevators
●Nutrition- add in some healthy meals, eat more veggies, skip
dessert day ●Stress Reduction – Take regular breaks, learn to
meditate, walk it off ●Healthy Habits- Break a not-so-good habit or
build a new one! ● Stop smoking, drink more water, get more sleep,
get a study buddy. ●Or pick one of our suggested goals
For more information: Email SWELL@stjohns.edu (Please
include “SWELL STAR” IN SUBJECT LINE)
SWELL & UnitedHealthcarePartners in Wellness for St.