Know the company and know yourself. Simply reviewing the
company's website is unacceptable. Research the company's
products/services, structure, financial status, competitors,
reputation, any recent changes and its position in the current
marketplace. Also, know the
company and industry. Examine the job description and
qualifications prior to the interview and be prepared to discuss
relevant aspects of your background that have prepared you for the
job. In addition, learn what skills or traits the employer
desires, what attributes are necessary to get the job done and how
you can serve as an asset to the company. Answer the
- What interests you about this industry/company/position?
- How is the company unique when compared to others within its
- What are the key products/services of the firm? The most
- What is the structure of the firm? Issues, functions,
- What are the daily activities/responsibilities of someone in
this position/firm and which are the most important?
- What are the most difficult responsibilities of this job and
how would you handle them?
- Why are you right for this job? What skills and
qualifications do you bring/add to the position/company?
We also suggest you schedule a Mock Interview
with a University Career