Evaluating Your Internship
Reflecting on your internship after you have done it can be as
valuable as doing it to begin with. Here are some things for you to
- Think about your skill development and actual examples of those
- Evaluate what you liked and what you would like to change.
- Evaluate how the people and environment matched with your
- Evaluate how the internship helped to clarify your career
- What networking contacts did you make?
- What did you observe professionals in your field doing?
- Does it make sense to follow up with an informational
- What new insights do you have about the field/industry?
- What might you want to pursue in your next internship?
Now you are well on your way to being prepared for your next
Next Steps After You Complete an
Update your resume. Write down everything you did during your
internship, all your duties and responsibilities. Make note of job
functions or areas of expertise you were exposed to through your
observations, even if you didn’t do those things yourself.