As a family member of a St. John's University student, you play an important role in helping your student make effective decisions - including decisions related to his or her major and future career.
How can you help?
We see parents as potential partners, mentors, and even employers.
Where do you see yourself?
· Ask and discuss “What do you want to be when you graduate?”
· Encourage skill development.
· Emphasize the importance of career-related experience
· Let them follow their interests and passions
- Introduce them to your work environment
- Show them how to network
- Participate in Job Shadow Days
- Register to become a COACH
- Post internship, pt, or ft positions
- Attend internship / job fairs
- Participate as a panelist/facilitator
- Participate in the On Campus Recruiting Program
- Host a Career Conversations event
For more information on any of the above ways to get involved, please contact University Career Services at (718) 990-6375 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Parents
Parent Orientation Handout
Who’s in Demand?
Upcoming University Career Services events
To receive announcements and updates about upcoming University Career Services events (i.e. workshops, career fairs, on-campus recruiters, etc.), please join our Parent eNews Listserv by sending an email with the subject line "SUBSCRIBE PARENT" to email@example.com.
We hope that you'll find these announcements helpful in encouraging your student to take advantage of the services University Career Services has to offer.