September 08, 2010
For the fifth straight year, a group of St. John’s students will
serve the sick and elderly in Lourdes, France.
The Service Pilgrimage is from June 10 to
June 20, 2011.
Our St. John’s University alumns, along with volunteers from all
over the world, will work in Lourdes, bringing the sick and elderly
men and women to the miraculous water that the Blessed Mother gave
to St. Bernadette 152 years ago.
Volunteers can expect the following:
- Twelve-hour work days
- Simple living
- Assisting the pilgrims in the baths of Lourdes
- Assisting the pilgrims in their transportation to the city
- Assisting the pilgrims in the Rosary Procession
- Opportunity to work in the hospitals in Lourdes
- Daily Mass
- Daily Recitation of the Rosary by Candlelight
- Nightly Reflection
Applicants are responsible for the following:
- Completed application due on or before the deadline
- Attend an interview if invited to do so
Selected Volunteers are responsible for the following:
- Attend a mandatory formation session in the spring
- Payment and follow-up for passport and travel visa
- Signed travel waiver
The cost is $2,400 for alumni volunteers for returning
volunteers, which covers all travel, lodging and meal expenses.
Due by January 31, 2011
Once the applications are received you will be notified if you
are moving on to the interview part of the process.
If you have any additional questions, please contact:
DaSilva Hall 107a
Lavelle Hall 108