The Main Library in Queens Government Documents Collection makes an effort to be consistent with the Federal Depository Program guidelines to reduce physical collections in favor of electronic resources. Increasingly, government documents can be accessed freely via the Internet. Please contact us if you have questions about finding and using electronic government documents.
The Libraries make every effort to catalog government documents, but the process is ongoing. You can search for cataloged government documents in our online catalog, which is available freely to the public. Please contact us if you have questions about our holdings.
Recent changes to the collection include:
- Transferring selected Congressional documents and other law-related documents to the Rittenberg Law Library;
- Withdrawing paper documents in favor of electronic versions available via the Web;
- Creating a Legal Studies section within the Reference Collection on the 3rd floor of the Queens Library where New York State and other documents are located in support of the Legal Studies program;
- Reclassifying government documents so that they are shelved with other books on similar subjects in circulating and other appropriate collections.
The public is welcome to use the Queens Main Library's government documents collections Monday- Friday between 9am and 5pm. Due to the decentralized nature of the government document collections in the Queens Main Library, advance appointments are necessary. Under special circumstances, arrangements can be made for evening or weekend access. For more information about access to government documents, policies, and/or to make an appointment please contact Anthony Todman; firstname.lastname@example.org; 718-990-5083. Access is restricted to government documents only and visitors receive neither borrowing privileges nor off campus access to licensed electronic resources.
For Assistance with Government Documents
- Queens Main Library:
- Rittenberg Law Library:
- Davis Library (Manhattan):
- Ismael Rivera-Sierra: email@example.com; 212-277-5137
Other area government document depository libraries:
- Fordham University, Walsh Library
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Long Island University: Schwartz Memorial Library
- Queens College: Rosenthal Library
- Hofstra University: Axinn Library
- Queens Borough Public Library
- Columbia University: Lehman Library
- New York Public Library: Science, Industry & Business Library
- New York University: Bobst Library