All St. John's University's campuses will be open Wednesday, January 28 and all classes will run on a regular schedule. The Registrar's office has extended the add/drop deadline to Wednesday, February 4, 2015. This does not apply to Law School students.
WALDO Member Privileges
The St. John’s University Libraries are a full member of the Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO), a nonprofit membership organization of libraries located primarily in Westchester County and the five boroughs of New York City. All permanent faculty, staff, and administrators of WALDO full and associate member libraries have access and borrowing privileges at other WALDO full and associate libraries in addition to access to material through established interlibrary loan channels.
In order to access WALDO member libraries, visiting patrons must present a valid ID card with a current WALDO sticker, both issued by the patron's home institution.
- St. John's permanent faculty, staff, and administrators who wish to visit another WALDO member library can obtain a WALDO sticker at the Reference Desk.
- In order to access the St. John's Libraries, permanent faculty, staff, and administrators from other WALDO member institutions must present a valid ID with a current WALDO sticker affixed. Please contact your library to obtain a WALDO sticker.
- Visiting patrons from WALDO member libraries are not entitled to off campus access to St. John's licensed electronic resources.
Borrowing privileges are extended by WALDO member libraries to visiting patrons from other WALDO full and associate member libraries.
- St. John's permanent faculty, staff, and administrators who wish to borrow materials at other WALDO member libraries can obtain a WALDO sticker at the Reference Desk.
- St. John's extends borrowing privileges to permanent faculty, staff, and administrators from other WALDO member libraries at the Courtesy Card level. The visiting patron must present a valid ID card with a current WALDO sticker when seeking borrowing privileges.
- Borrowing privileges are only available in person - items are not delivered between WALDO member libraries at this time except via normal interlibrary loan operations. To request delivery of an item not held in your home library's collection, please contact the interlibrary loan department at your library.
Please note: Loan period, number and type of items loaned, fines levied, etc., will be determined by the lending library. All materials borrowed must be returned directly to the lending library. All delinquencies are the responsibility of the borrower and, ultimately, the patron’s home library.