Library Code of Conduct
In keeping with the Libraries’ mission, the librarians and library staff at St. John’s strive to provide our users with collections and services that aim to fill their information needs. To achieve this goal, we strongly encourage behavior that enables all library patrons and employees to enjoy a safe library environment that contributes to academic excellence, research, reading, and study.
In accordance with the University Code of Conduct, all library patrons and employees are expected to demonstrate respect, consideration, and courtesy to others through their behavior in the Libraries.
- Consultation with librarians and library staff.
- Participation in instructional sessions.
- Quiet study, research, reading, and reflection.
- Group study and research, in appropriate areas and at suitable volume.
- Use of the Libraries’ print and electronic collections.
- Appropriate use of the Libraries’ computing resources.
- Other academic use of the Libraries’ collections and facilities.
University Libraries Mission Statement: The St. John's University Libraries commit themselves to the teaching and learning processes by providing content-based information resources, instructional services, and other support in the most effective formats for University programs and student and faculty research. The Libraries provide the foundation for the University's mission of academic excellence and lifelong learning.
University Libraries Vision Statement: The University Libraries will be a physical and virtual information crossroads community, helping all library users achieve success through quality service and ubiquitous access. To achieve this vision we must sustain excellence by both honoring and renewing tradition.