Group Study Rooms
The group study rooms located on the first floor of the Queens Library (St. Augustine Hall) are available to current St. John’s University students for group study and collaborative work on class projects. They are not intended for use as individual study carrels or as general-purpose classrooms and are not available for meetings of student clubs and societies or social gatherings. The group study rooms are not for use by students of other colleges/universities. Due to the popularity of these rooms, the library has established reservation policies for their use (see below).
There are four group study rooms in the Queens Library: Rooms A, B, C, and D are located on the first floor, north wing.
Reservations are required to use the Group Study Rooms. Inquire at the 3rd Floor Service Desk or call the Circulation Department at 718-990-6850.
Group Study Room Policies:
- A valid St. John’s Storm Card is required in order to reserve a room.
- Study groups consist of a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 people. If fewer than 4 people are present at any time, the reservation may be cancelled and the room will become available to the first group that wishes to reserve it.
- Rooms can be booked up to one week in advance.
- Group study rooms can only be reserved for regular library hours. The group study rooms are not available for use during overnight hours.
- Each individual may reserve one time slot per day; each group may reserve a maximum of two time slots per day. No individual or group may reserve more than 6 time slots per week.
- A minimum of 4 students must be present within 10 minutes of the beginning of the reservation time; after that, the reservation is cancelled and the room will become available to the first group that wishes to reserve it.
- Please keep the door closed when the room is occupied.
- Please take your belongings with you when leaving the room, clean up all trash and recyclables, and dispose of it in appropriate receptacles.
- Unattended library materials will be retrieved and shelved on a regular basis.
- The Libraries are not responsible for personal belongings left in the group study rooms.
- The Queens Library is a quiet study area, so please keep noise in group study rooms moderate.
Please be considerate of others: keep noise levels moderate and leave the group study room clean. Thank you!