Established in 1999, Writing Center at St. John's School of Law is a place where our students can:
- Brainstorm ideas
- Practice writing exam essays
- Edit scholarly pieces
- Submit papers to writing competitions
- Find publication sources for articles
- Polish briefs and memoranda for use as writing samples
- Practice proper citation form
- Hone grammar skills
- Get help with any general writing problems
The Writing Center is staffed by some of the Law School's best writers. These Writing Consultants are passionate about writing, have a sharp eye for detail and are always willing to help.
Located in room 1-10, right down the hall from the Library, the Writing Center is open Monday through Friday for walk-ins or by appointment. This service is available to all St. John's Law students.
In addition to our walk-in hours, consultants are available by appointment. Please stop by the Writing Center or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a consultation. We will make every effort to accommodate weekend hours.