All St. John's University's campuses will be open Wednesday, January 28 and all classes will run on a regular schedule. The Registrar's office has extended the add/drop deadline to Wednesday, February 4, 2015. This does not apply to Law School students.
Dispute Resolution Society
The Law School's Dispute Resolution Society (DRS) is the student division of The Hugh L. Carey Center for Dispute Resolution. Formed in 2007, DRS seeks to meet the demand for practical education in the constantly developing field of alternative dispute resolution. DRS specializes in negotiation, mediation and arbitration through events, seminars, intra-school competitions held at St. John's and external competitions locally, nationally and internationally.
DRS hosts two internal negotiation competitions open to St. John's students each year, one for 2Ls and 3Ls in the fall and a second for 1Ls and 2Ls in the spring. Following the spring competition, students are invited to apply for positions on DRS to compete externally the following year. The students selected to join DRS are eligible to compete in one or more of the following competitions:
- ABA Negotiation Competition
- ABA Client Counseling Competition
- ABA Representing Clients in Mediation Competition
- ABA Arbitration Competition
- Tulane Baseball Arbitration Competition
- ICC Mediation Competition in Paris, France
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition in Vienna, Austria
- St. John's University School of Law/FINRA Securities Dispute Resolution Triathlon
If you are interested in getting involved with the Dispute Resolution Society, you can check out the DRS TWEN page or connect with DRS through the Carey Center's Facebook page.
2014-2015 Dispute Resolution Executive Board