Center for Bankruptcy Studies
The Center for Bankruptcy Studies at St. John's School of Law is home to the nation's leading LL.M in Bankruptcy Program. In affiliation with the Law School’s Institute for Bankruptcy Policy, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review and other Law School constituents − the Center offers a wide range of programs for students, faculty, alumni and practitioners throughout the year. Our initiatives include the:
- LL.M. in Bankruptcy - The country's first and preeminent master's program in bankruptcy law.
- American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review - The ABI Law Review leading scholarly journal on bankruptcy law.
- Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition - The only bankruptcy moot court competition and the largest single-site appellate moot court competition in the nation.
- Bankruptcy Law Society – The BLS is our student organization affiliate that co-sponsors the Duberstein Competition and presents special events that feature distinguished judges and practicing attorneys speaking on current issues in the field of bankruptcy.
- Institute for Bankruptcy Policy – A sponsor of regular symposia on bankruptcy law and numerous bankruptcy law projects and an author of law professor amicus briefs in United States Supreme Court bankruptcy matters
In affiliation with the Center and under its auspices, the Law School offers over two dozen specialized bankruptcy courses, the new Bankruptcy Advocacy Clinic and many bankruptcy externship and internship opportunities.
For more information about the Center for Bankruptcy Studies, please contact us. To support the Center and its initiatives, please visit the Law School's online giving page or contact the Office of Alumni Relations and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-990-5792.
We welcome your inquiries about the Center for Bankruptcy Studies at St. John’s School of Law.
|G. Ray Warner||Yvette Gutierrez||Margaret St. Denis|
|Associate Dean for Bankruptcy Studies|
and Professor of Law
|Director of Bankruptcy Programs |
|LL.M. in Bankruptcy Centers Assistant|