The Innovative offerings at St. John’s Law include:
- Hundreds of externships and internships in and around New York City
- Dozens of advanced classes teaching the art and science of case preparation, corporate transaction, and dispute resolution
- Ten in-house and partner clinics that put students to work in the field
- Nine student-run journals that explore today’s pressing legal issues
- Six academic centers spotlighting faculty scholarship with real-world impact
- Three outstanding co-curricular programs that sharpen and showcase advocacy skills
… All at One outstanding school
Gain a competitive edge in the dynamic legal marketplace in our J.D. Program and in our Joint Degree Programs:
- Accounting: J.D./M.B.A. and J.D./M.S.
- Bankruptcy: J.D./LL.M.
- Business Administration: J.D./M.B.A.
- Government and Politics: J.D./M.A.
- Health Care Administration: J.D./M.P.A.
- Professional Studies: J.D./B.S.
Continue your legal educations and build marketable skills in our Graduate Programs for U.S. and foreign-trained attorneys:
Get direct access leading scholars and practitioners by participating in our Academic Centers:
- Center for Bankruptcy Studies
- Center for International and Comparative Law
- Center for Labor and Employment Law
- Center for Law and Religion
- Hugh L. Carey Center for Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property Center
- Mattone Family Institute for Real Estate Law
- Public Interest Center
- Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights
- Writing Center
Build practical skills hands on doing real legal work for New Yorkers in need through our In-House and Partner Clinics:
- Bankruptcy Advocacy Clinic
- Bread and Life Immigration Clinic
- Child Advocacy Clinic
- Consumer Justice for the Elderly: Litigation Clinic
- Criminal Defense Clinic
- Domestic Violence Litigation Clinic
- Economic Justice Clinic
- Prosecution Clinic
- Refugee and Immigrant Rights Litigation Clinic
- Securities Arbitration Clinic
Participate in local, national, and international competitions that grow your dispute resolution and advocacy skills in our Co-curricular Programs:
Access New York City’s unrivaled legal and business community through our Externship Program that offers a range of placements such as:
- Day Pitney LLP
- District Attorney's Offices
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Estee Lauder Companies
- Farrell Fritz, P.C.
- Federal Trade Commission
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- National Labor Relations Board
- New York City Law Department
- New York State Attorney General's Office
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- U.S. Attorney's Offices
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Join a community of faculty, alumni, and experts as a member of our invitation only honors programs.
- Intellectual Property Honors Program
- International Honors Program
- Ron Brown Scholars Program
- St. Thomas More Scholars Program
* Honors program participation is by invitation, and you’re considered for them automatically when you apply for admission to St. John’s Law. There is no separate application process.
Research, write, and become a published author as a member of one of our student-run journals:
- St. John's Law Review
- American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- Journal of Catholic Legal Studies
- Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development
- St. John's Journal of International and Comparative Law
- New York International Law Review
- Commercial Division Online Law Report
- N.Y. Real Property Law Journal
- Admiralty Practicum
Explore the law in its global context through a range of International Programs for J.D. students: