How can $500 bring you the world?
At St. John’s, we push the envelope to help our students achieve the best education possible. This year is no different. With the help of a renewed campus-wide effort to create affordable Global Studies opportunities and some tweaks to the program, this year’s Global Passport program fee will be just $500 (plus flight). We want every incoming student to have a truly international education, so we hope that you’ll join us on this unique opportunity.
The Global Passport program offers a chance for incoming students to “internationalize” their education from their first days with St. John’s. Through the program, you’ll fulfill a core requirement in a completely innovative, comparative way, studying with top professors who will incorporate the historic and cultural riches of Rome and New York to bring the curriculum alive.
How does it work? The bulk of your Passport course will take place in New York during the fall or spring semester, during which you’ll study the course content and prepare for your time in Italy. Then, at the conclusion of the term—in January or May—you’ll live in, study and explore Rome for 7 days with the same students and faculty, putting a comparative spin on your semester’s work together. In addition, you’ll receive an additional credit to represent your hard work while in Rome.
Please review the updated Application for eligible core courses.
When in Rome…
- Guided tours of historical sites such as the Vatican, Coliseum, the Forum and significant churches
- Excursions to Rome’s landmarks such as the Trevi Fountain, the Piazza Del Popolo, and the Piazza Navona
Making Friends at Your New “Home,” Our Rome Campus
- Sharing an amazing experience with St. John’s faculty—and a new group of friends! Nothing brings students together the way study abroad can.
- The safety and convenience of St. John’s own Rome Campus, centrally located in a residential neighborhood near the Vatican.
The St. John’s Difference
- Engaging St. John’s Vincentian heritage through service learning opportunities, course-linked volunteer options that allow you to give back while learning more about the city and its residents. This experience sets St. John’s study abroad apart!
- Getting to know the real Rome with local experts—our Rome Campus staff!
Through your academic study, guided tours and community service, you become a metropolitan citizen – a citizen not just of our New York City campuses, but of the world.
January 3 - 10, 2014
May 15 - 22, 2014
Visit the Apply Now section for more information on the program.
- Fall: August 10, 2013
- Spring: October 19, 2013
*Please Note: Space is limited and applications will be processed on a first-come-first served basis. Student class selections may be changed and classes may be cancelled based on student interest. Students will be notified of their Global Passport admissions decisions beginning July 1, 2013.
Program Fee: $500* (No, really… it’s only $500)
*airfare and tuition exceeding 18 credits, NOT included
*NOTE: Most students will NOT pay additional tuition for the Global Passport program. In essence, tuition for the program has already been included in the cost of normal semester tuition. However, in the event that a student registers for more than 18 credits during the semester, additional tuition fees will apply.
Program fee includes accommodations on the Rome campus, several meals, airport pickup/drop-off, metro passes and cultural center entrance fees.
To find out more, Contact Us!