Information Sessions for Parents of Interested Students
Light refreshments, such as coffee and cookies, will be served.
PLEASE NOTE: All Information Sessions for summer and fall 2015 programs have passed. Look here for a full list of our next series of Information Sessions at the start of the Fall 2015 semester. In the meantime, please contact us with individual questions and download the PowerPoint Presentation for additional information:
Have you heard about St. John's University study abroad programs, and want an opportunity to learn more? If so, we welcome you to join us for upcoming sessions on our Queens and Staten Island campuses. During these informal presentations, we'll address the questions that families often have as they consider sending their students abroad, including:
- Costs. Did you know that our students “travel” with all their current financial aid? In addition, we award over $600,000 in additional grants to help make our programs more affordable.
- Coursework. Our programs are custom-made for St. John’s students, and offer classes that fit nearly all students’ schedules—particularly if they plan ahead.
- Why go? Study abroad can be a formative academic and personal experience, but equally important, it can provide a competitive advantage on the job market. Nationally, only about 10% of college graduates study abroad!
Pre-Departure Orientation Sessions for Parents of Summer/Fall Study Abroad Students
If your student is planning to study abroad this winter or spring, we welcome you to come to a pre-departure session! During this session, you'll hear the details of your student's program and learn about all the preparations needed. Pizza and soft drinks will be served.
- Thursday, April 16: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., D'Angelo, 416C
- Saturday, May 2: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Bent, 101A
- Thursday, April 23: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Kelleher, L-20
Can't attend in person? Feel free to sign up for our online parent pre-departure orientation session. When you RSVP for this event, you'll receive an email 24 hours prior to the session with instructions on how to access the online orientation.
Online Pre-Departure Session: Tuesday, April 28: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.