Submit Program Proposals
St. John's always welcomes proposals for short-term, faculty-directed programs whether they are stand-alone courses traveling in winter or summer, or as embedded travel courses with fall or spring coursework complemented by time abroad. In order to facilitate a faculty-directed program abroad, please follow the steps outlined below.
The deadline for proposing Summer and Fall 2018 programs is August 15th, 2017
1. Read the Provost's Message on Short-Term Faculty-Directed Programs.
2. Review the Faculty Handbook for Short-Term Study Abroad Programs and St. John's Policy on Family and Visitors on Faculty-Led Programs Abroad.
4. Submit a Short-Term Proposal Form to your chair for approval. The form must accompanied by an updated, destination-specific electronic syllabus, a breakdown of the academic contact hours, a draft itinerary with a day-by-day breakdown of the time spent abroad, and an anticipated budget for the program covering accommodations, transportation costs, and program site visits. Once your chair has approved the proposal, you should forward the entire proposal packet to both your dean and to Gregory Bruhn, the Assistant Director of Academics & Short-Term Programs at the Office of Global Studies.
Tobin College of Business faculty must submit a proposal for a Global Destination Course to Dean Sama.
5. Final approved proposal forms are due in the Office of Global Studies (OGS) on the following deadlines:
- Winter and Spring Programs: March 15th of the prior spring
- Summer and Fall Programs: August 15th of the prior summer
Once the approved proposal form has been passed on to the OGS, we will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss your program at length. At that time, we ask that you be prepared to discuss the logistics, budgeting, recruitment strategies, compensation, and any other questions or concerns that you may have.