Enjoy a timeless academic experience in Italy’s “Eternal City.”
At the St. John's Rome campus, you benefit from the outstanding residential and academic resources of a world-class Catholic university within walking distance of central Rome and Vatican City.
Since St. John’s University opened its Rome, Italy campus in 1995, we have offered quality programs that embody the St. John’s tradition of excellence and service. As a result, the campus draws students from across the United States and around the world.
Our newly renovated facilities offer students the wonderful opportunity to experience Rome with many of the comforts of home. Facilities include:
- A fully wired computer lab with printers for your use
- Double and triple rooms
- High-speed wireless internet
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Beautiful courtyard and common spaces
- Full time bilingual residence life staff, including residence directors and assistants
- 24-hr security along with key card entry to the building
- Shared microwave and refrigerator on each floor for food preparation and storage
- Two kitchens stocked with pots and pans for student use
Our Rome campus is located at:
Via Marcantonio Colonna, 21A
Please click here to learn about the semester program and food page, covered by the program fee.
Historic Prati, a picturesque district rich in beautiful architecture, is a vibrant community just north of the Vatican in central Rome. Prati became one of Rome’s official neighborhoods in 1871, soon after the city was named the capital of the newly unified Kingdom of Italy. Now students can live as locals, gaining an understanding of cultural differences between Rome and the United States.
With Vatican City just a short walk away, the Piazza del Popolo, Piazza Navona, and Castel Sant’Angelo are all within your reach. At St. John’s Rome campus, you will truly live among the Romans.
For more information on the city of Rome, visit Lonely Planet.