International Students and Scholars
At St. John’s University, we understand that international students and scholars have varied purposes and goals. You’ll find information you need in the links below.
- Interested in an undergraduate or graduate degree at SJU? View International Admission site for more information on our programs and requirements.
- Reflecting the city we call home, St. John’s welcomes more than 1300 international students from 103 countries. For more information on how SJU makes it easy for students and scholars from across the world to feel at home, visit our International Students and Scholars page.
- Interested in being an Exchange Student? We have partnerships with schools in 10 countries. Don’t attend a partner school? You may be able to attend SJU as a Visiting Student.
- Students who seek an intensive immersion in English can visit The Language Connection (TLC) to learn more about our non-credit offerings.
- The Department of Languages and Literatures offers courses in modern languages, including credit-bearing English as a Second Language courses.
- Student can engage in the St. John's community through our Conversation Partner or a Host Family programs.
- The Global Language and Culture Center (GLCC) offers language support for all modern language courses offered at SJU.
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs is responsible for programs that reflect the diversity of our student body.
- The University Career Services is here to assist you in building the skills necessary to secure internships and locate employment opportunities, whether in the United States or abroad