In order to get started and obtain basic information, please
contact Lynn Stravino in the Office of Academic Service-Learning at
(718) 990-7902. The Office of Academic Service-Learning is located
in Lourdes Hall. We will assist you in creating an academic
service-learning component for your class and will also help you to
find appropriate community service sites for with your students to
To begin the initial planning process, you should decide:
- Which of your courses would be most appropriate for an Academic
- What course objectives might be realized through an Academic
- Will this project be a group or individual endeavor?
- What type of community service site will be required for your
- If Service-Learning is going to be optional in your class, how
will you match the Service-Learning option with an alternative
course assignment with the students in the class?