The Vincentian Institute for Social Action (VISA) currently works with a series of agencies. In establishing these relationships, the Institute identified agencies committed to alleviating poverty and improving opportunities for at-risk groups. All partners have demonstrated a need for collaboration with the University, share an objective of alleviating poverty and have a high potential for community-based research. Below are the characteristics of VISA service partners:
- Consistent with the program themes of Homelessness, Hunger, Education, Healthcare and General Poverty
- Willingness to work with students and/or faculty
- Potential for sustainable and measurable opportunities for service and community-based research
- Service hours during the University’s academic calendar
- Service assignment must meet an immediate and consistent need of the organization
- When possible, agencies should provide students with direct contact with the population being served
To find about more about becoming a community partner, please contact Melissa Lanctot at 718-990-8349. For more information about the partnership with the New York City Department of Homeless Services, we offer the Advantage Academy.