Virtual Private Network (VPN) will provide St. John’s University
full-time faculty the ability to expand beyond our University
campus locations and accommodate the needs of remote employees,
distant offices and personal preference.
The goal is to provide a mirror image of your campus work
experience at any off-site location (i.e. home or office).
Offered to full-time faculty members, VPN uses "virtual"
connections to provide accessibility to your network drive from
your St. John’s issued laptop. VPN will improve productivity and
provide tremendous benefits to St. John’s University full-time
- Extend geographic connectivity; office drives are accessible
any location off-campus
- Ability to access your H: drive from a location off-campus
- Ability to access your Shared Folders from a location
- Access to Outlook Email Client and all email folders
- Reduce transit time and transportation costs for remote
If you had additional software installed by Information Technology
you should be able to run the software when off-campus using VPN.
This includes the software which only worked when you were
on-campus and connected to the network. Follow the same steps you
use on-campus after you obtain a VPN connection.
If you are interested in acquiring or learning more about Virtual
Private Network, please visit or contact:
Technology Learning Center
DaSilva Academic Center Room 108A